TOP 5 THINGS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN PURCHASING A HOME
Buying a home takes a lot of consideration, whether it is your first home purchase or not.
There are an infinite number of things to consider when purchasing a home, but some are more important than others. Below is my list of top 5 items to address when looking through a home you are considering buying.
- Flooring: Floors can be a tell-tale sign of plumbing or structural issues
- Cracks: Cracks in walls, ceilings, or floors, can be a sign of structural damage or leaking
- Moisture: The moisture level in a basement can be a determining factor in whether the house may have mould, water damage, issues with leaking, etc.
- Windows: Do the windows close properly? Is there a draft? Windows can let in cold air in the winter and let out cool air in the summer, causing higher than necessary utility bills.
- Roof: When was the roof installed/ updated? Are shingles lifting? Does water run off the roof away from the home?
There are many more items to review during a home purchase but this is a good start when you are out looking at homes. For example, electrical issues are harder to spot with the naked eye if you are not an expert – this is not typically something a buyer can see on their visit to a home. Doing a professional home inspection will cover your bases (for the most part), paired with the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent.
For more information, reach out to discuss this with me further. I look forward to guiding you through your purchase, and making sure you are protected!