TOP 5 THINGS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHEN PURCHASING A HOME
Buying a home takes a lot of consideration, whether it is your first home purchase or not.
There are an infinite number of things to consider when purchasing a home, but some are more important than others. Below is my list of top 5 items to address when looking through a home you are considering buying.
- Flooring: Floors can be a tell-tale sign of plumbing or structural issues
- Cracks: Cracks in walls, ceilings, or floors, can be a sign of structural damage or leaking
- Moisture: The moisture level in a basement can be a determining factor in whether the house may have mould, water damage, issues with leaking, etc.
- Windows: Do the windows close properly? Is there a draft? Windows can let in cold air in the winter and let out cool air in the summer, causing higher than necessary utility bills.
- Roof: When was the roof installed/ updated? Are shingles lifting? Does water run off the roof away from the home?
There are many more items to review during a home purchase but this is a good start when you are out looking at homes. For example, electrical issues are harder to spot with the naked eye if you are not an expert – this is not typically something a buyer can see on their visit to a home. Doing a professional home inspection will cover your bases (for the most part), paired with the guidance of a knowledgeable and experienced real estate agent.
For more information, reach out to discuss this with me further. I look forward to guiding you through your purchase, and making sure you are protected!
With the right real estate agent on your side, all of these factors will be taken into consideration to help get you the best price possible, in the shortest possible time!